I’ve read this book twice, between 2014 and 2017, and a couple of times as a reference before my big presentation.
I say the book contains a lot of essential information and a variety of tricks to up your deliverance.
Printed in 130-ish pages, it were easy to digest but took me 2-3 days to absorb the whole content. Because it’s tiresome. Well, what do you expect from a how-to manual? Starting from definition towards table format. It’s a well-explained book, but it is also a quite monotonous as well. At least for me.
Few things I learned from this experience and happy to carry it around me are:
- Start with the end in mind. Think output!
- Know your audience, because they’re human too.
- Structure, a well-built structure. You can’t get lost with it.
- Know thyself. Attitude is contagious. Bad or good.
- There is no such thing a perfect format or style. Improve and find it with your voice (literally)
Helpfulness to prepare that last minute presentation:
☆☆ (because you need to rehearse)
☆☆☆☆☆☆ (because the structure provided is straightforward and effective)